Socks play a vital role in the performance of a basketball player. There are few things to keep in mind while selecting appropriate basketball socks. It is crucial to have them comfortable, well fitted, and of a good design. That is the reason why famous companies like NIKE spend so much money designing the most suitable socks that do not only look well but have all other benefits too.
- 1 Why Basketball Socks Is Essential?
- 2 Best Basketball Socks: What To Consider?
- 3 Five Best Basketball Socks – Our Picks
- 3.1 1. Iseasoo Copper Compression Socks
- 3.2 2. Elite Basketball Socks
- 3.3 3. Copper Compression Socks
- 3.4 4. Retro 3 Stripe Tube Socks
- 3.5 5. DILIBA Big Boy’s Socks
- 4 Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Frequently Asked Question
- 6 Conclusion
Why Basketball Socks Is Essential?
Despite the player’s training and his performance, other components are equally essential to consider. For example, team’s uniform (clothing) is as significant as its performance. That is the reason why players and teams in various sports around the globe spend so much money on their clothing.
Just like all other aspects of sports, the clothing of a sports player also holds an essential role in basketball. Here, we will be discussing “socks” and why it is an essential part of basketball clothing.
Player’s Good Performance
Socks play a vital role in a player’s performance. Basketball demands both jumping and running, which is directly related to your feet-health. An uncomfortable pair of socks will ultimately lead to a player’s low performance, and teams might lose the game.
The Team’s Identity
Socks are one of the most visible parts of basketball clothing, and the player kit must include a uniform pair of socks. It gives identity to the team and defines team attitude. And all team members must wear a uniform pair of socks.
Let’s take an example of cricket, all team members wear the same color and design of shirt even the 11th player in the team who gets to play only under adverse circumstances, now imagine, all team members wearing the same shirts but different trousers. Sounds strange and funny, right?
Socks in basketball plays the role of trousers in cricket, and it is as important to wear uniform socks as trousers in cricket. It’s part of team identity.
Depicts Unity In Team
When teams have customized socks which have been specifically for your team, and all team members wear the same socks, it shows unity among team members. Team members will not look different. It will prove to be a strength and boost their confidence as a team.
Best Basketball Socks: What To Consider?
Choosing the best basketball socks is as important as the socks itself. It must have comfortable feel, quality material and the right length. While choosing the best basketball socks, players must consider the following significant feature.
Basketball players sweat a lot while playing and not only their body but their feet too. Choosing a material that absorbs sweat and keeps it at bay, the players would feel comfortable while playing.
On the other hand, when socks are of good material, it also prevent unpleasant smell and different fungal infections. All of these can result in heavy sweating.
Padding is an integral part of making socks comfortable. Basketball socks must have extra padding in some crucial areas like ankles and heel. It does not only help in making socks more comfortable, but it also protects players’ feet from different injuries that might occur while playing.
In the past, players used to wear long socks that would be till knee, but they no longer wear socks of that length; instead, players have three options to choose from. There are:
Crew cut: A crew cut sock has a size till middle shun.
Mid-cut: Mid-cut socks are shorter length and they end right after ankle.
Low cut: Low cut socks are basically invisible socks. You cannot see them while wearing shoes since it has a size below or equal to the shoes.
It is important to choose socks with a comfortable length for players to play well and stay comfortable. Players mostly choose crew cut and mid-cut socks as these are more comfortable than the low cut socks.
Good Grip and Accurate Fit
The basketball socks must have a good grip. A good grip prevents sliding down of socks while playing. On the other hand, the socks must also fit you feet and ankle accurately. Socks with an good fit to the players’ size of feet and ankles will be comfortable. It will also prevent feet injury. A sock with improper fit will most likely make the player uncomfortable and create a disturbance while playing.
Five Best Basketball Socks – Our Picks
Amazon is a great website to buy basketball socks. Five of these bestseller socks are as follow:
1. Iseasoo Copper Compression Socks
Iseasoo Copper Compression socks stand out among all because it has somany quality all in one. It has copper compression, such fibers produces capillaries, collagen, and some other essential proteins that produce softer and healthier skin. These socks have good quality (made of copper), higher quantity (comes in pack of 8 pairs), and affordable price. It comes in wider range of colours, the buyers are free to select socks colors as per their choice.
- Comes in the pack of eight pairs which are quite useful for everyday use.
- Made up of copper embedded fibers that relieves leg pain by pulling the electricity from users’ legs and heals it.
- Absorbs wet and gives an irritating free and comfortable experience for the players.
- Promotes fast blood circulation in human body.
- Reduces feet swelling, improves blood flow through legs, provides mild squeezing for warmness, and supports legs and feet, which leads to athletes’ high performance.
- It is available in different sizes and colors.
- Available in a pack of 8 socks which is higher than the other products.
- The seller did not mention anything about its return and exchange policy which might be troublesome for the buyers in case of getting a faulty product.
2. Elite Basketball Socks
Elite Basketball Socks are available for both men and women and has a price of $15.95. It includes three pairs of socks. Its fabric has 80% cotton, 15% nylon, and 5% polyester.
- Have moisture-wicking quality and manages moisture
- Have ventilation channels that circulate air and keeps feet dry
- Available in different sizes and fits (US Shoes Sizes) for both men and women. (Men’s size: 6.5-11/Women’s size: 8-12)
- Designed in a way that its arch compression decreases feet fatigue, protects against swelling.
- Keeps socks in place.
- It is available in different colors, sizes, and designs.
- It has a free exchange policy of 45 days with a warranty of 180 days.
- They are quite expensive.
3. Copper Compression Socks
Copper Compression Socks are made of copper. Through copper fibers, it rejuvenates blood circulation in legs which will further relieves leg-fatigue. This is because it provides 15-20 mmHg compression. These are designed based on leg structure and feet soles.
- It is made of copper (a great conductor of electricity).
- It is also available in three pairs and has a price of $8.99-$16.99.
- Prevents leg injury, provides mild squeezing for warmness, removes stress, helps relieve discomfort, reduces fatigue and soreness, and supports your legs.
- Designed to absorb sweat and gives an irritating free experience.
- It is available in different sizes, colors, and designs. Refund and exchange are considered one of the essential parts of quality service.
- The seller did not mention anything about its refund and exchange policy.
4. Retro 3 Stripe Tube Socks
Retro 3 Stripe Tube Socks are made by a well-known US company, “Twin City Knitting” (TCK), which was founded in 1961 in North Carolina. This company has a manufacturing experience of over 60 years. This product has been designed in 80’s style with its length over-the-calf (OTC). This is available in white and grey colors with only its “three stripe” varying in colors.
- High length sock
- Made of 67% cotton, 13% Nylon, 15% Acrylic and 6% Elastics
- Very comfortable and high quality
- Its length and cotton fabric help the sock to stay at a place
- It has an accurate fit
- Available in various size
Its size chart is as follow:
- Small size available at 12-5 youth shoe sizes.
- Medium for men and women.
- Size 5-10 sizes (as per women shoe size)
- Size 5-9 (as per men’s shoe size).
- Large size is also available as per men and women. That is 10-13 sizes for women and 9-12 for men’s shoe size.
- The company has a manufacturing experience of over 60 years. Therefore, high quality is guaranteed by the company
- Comes only one pair in a single pack
5. DILIBA Big Boy’s Socks
This product is available for both men and women. It also has moisture-wicking quality, which keeps feet dry. It is breathable, can control odor, and comfortable to fit. Its cushion arch protects and supports ankles and also relieves feet from fatigue.
- This product is made of 50% Nylon, 25% elastic and spandex, and 25% blend
- It is available at a pair of five socks
- Available at sizes of: Men: 6-10 and Women: 7-11
- Comes with five socks in a single pack
- Wide range of variety in terms
Buyers always try their best to buy products with higher quality and health benefits. Here, considering all the benefits and drawbacks of all the five above mentioned top amazon basketball socks. The best product that I would recommend the buyers to buy would be the “Iseasoo Copper Compression Socks” and “Copper Compression Socks” (Both have almost the same features).
The copper compression socks are designed in a way that has both health and other benefits. Copper, the great conductor of electricity improves blood circulation in legs, provides 15 – 20 mmHg compression, designed based on leg structure and feet soles, relieves leg-fatigue, protects leg injury, provides mild squeezing for warmness, removes stress, helps relieve discomfort, reduces soreness, supports legs, absorbs sweat and gives an irritating free experience.
Frequently Asked Question
Here are some of the frequently asked questions along with their answers about the basketball socks.
Are these made of copper?
I am not sure if they are made of copper (copper used as fabric), but the retailers might have done their research and proper working.
This Chinese product has excellent quality, it fits very well, and it is very comfortable. I have worn these socks on different flights of 14 and 24 hours, and they were terrific.
What is its fabric’s composition?
You should contact the seller or amazon about it. But these socks are the best socks I have worn since 1995. These are very comfortable and have a fantastic fitting. It supports the leg very well.
Does it fit nicely on a size 13 (men’s size)?
Yes, but it will be very tight, uncomfortable, and difficult to fit well.
It is undeniable that socks in any sports uniform are very crucial to have our attention. That is why different websites spend so much time and money on surveys about best basketball socks, which are issued at different intervals in a year on websites. Along with a player’s performance and comfort while playing, well fitted and comfortable basketball socks add value to the team’s look.
So, therefore, giving appropriate thinking while selecting a sport sock is a mandatory task so that you could play with full attention. Make your game/match more enjoyable and easy by equipping yourself with basic yet necessary things like your socks, shirt, shorts, sneakers etc.